Healthy Recipes Vitamins and More! We provide great content to your health so that you can live a healthy and happy lifestyle.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Health Benefits From Omega 3 Fatty Acids

Good Fat Benefits

We all know that we should eat more fish, well at least once a week. Fish like salmon are high in good fats such as omega 3 fatty acid that help brain function and have been proven to help prevent diseases such as heart disease, cancer, arthritis, Alzheimer and many more positive health functions come from omega 3 fatty acids. At any rate omega 3 fatty acids are good for us and most of us do not get enough of these good fats in our diet like we should, so try to consume as much as you can.

This reminded me of a joke one of my older friends had once told me.

He had Alzheimer and would say it is not Alzheimer it's some timers because some timers I remember and other timers I don't or I don't wanna remember, so if it was Alzheimer I would remember all the timers right? I just laughed it off because of how he would tell it in such a funny way.

List Of Fish That Contain A High Amount Of Omega 3 Fatty Acids


This list fatty fish will keep you healthy and full of good fat mackerel, herring, lake trout, albacore tuna, sardines and salmon. All of these fish are good for you to eat, but I personally suggest that you don't eat it more than two times a week because of mercury levels in fish can vary.

The fatty acids that you get from eating these fish are crucial to maintaining your over all health and life functions that you need. If you are like me and do not like to eat fish all of the time you can get these omega 3 fatty acids from eating flax seeds and walnuts. What we do as a family is take flax seed and blend it into our veggie drinks, even our toddler drinks it up, which makes his mother very proud and daddy too.

More Benefits To Omega 3 Fatty Acids


Another reason why omega 3 fatty acids are good to take into your body is that they have shown to help with depression, Type 2 Diabetes, fatigue and joint pain. I personally know that since I have been taking my Skinny Fiber and combining flax seed into my diet my weight has gone down, my back isn't hurting as much and either are the rest of my joints.



Are you getting enough omega 3 fats in your diet?

2 comments:

  1. What’s good for the brain is good for the heart. And omega 3 fatty acids seem to be the main source of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The health benefit of omega 3 fatty acids can really help in making your body stronger especially your heart. Good thing there are several supplements in the market that you can obtain.

    ReplyDelete